Friday, February 17, 2017

#HaddiesHaven: #MeetYourNextCRUSH | @EntangledTEEN @SaraHantz @JulieHammerle @Emily_Mc_Kay


Invaders! Welcome back to Haddie's Haven! Today I am sharing my thoughts and reactions from reading three AMAZING EntangledTEEN CRUSH titles. I requested these titles for review through EntangledTeen's newsletters, and they were sent to me through NetGalley. I wanted to have these reviews up within the date of release, but I've had quite a lot of books to read by Valentine's week. Also, I wanted to share these books together. Speaking of Valentine's, what did you guys do? Did you get chocolates and flowers? Comment below and tell me! Me? I had a date with a few good books!

Any Boy But You
(North Pole, Minnesota #1)
by Julie Hammerle
YA, Romance, Contemporary

Elena Chestnut has been chatting with an anonymous boy late into the night. It’s a very You’ve Got Mail situation, and she has no idea who he is. He can’t be Oliver Prince, hot-and-bashful son of the family running the rival sporting goods store. Their fancy sales strategies are driving Elena’s family out of business. Elena’s mystery boy has teamed up with her in their latest sales strategy, an augmented reality game, to help her win the grand-prize plane tickets. Money’s so tight Elena’s going to miss senior year spring break with her friends if she can’t win this game.

The girl Oliver's fallen head-over-heels for online had better not be Elena Chestnut. She's his angry, vindictive Latin tutor, the daughter of his dad’s business rival, and the one girl he’d never even think of kissing. She’s definitely not his online crush, because that girl is funny, sweet, and perfect.

When Oliver asks to reveal their names at the Valentine’s Day dance, their IRL relationship will either rugin what they have online, or they’ll discover just how thin the line between love and hate really is.

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains swearing, snowball fights, and sexual tension that could melt the North Pole. Read at your own risk.


Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)Any Boy But You by Julie Hammerle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love-hate, Romeo & Juliet vibes with a modern twist. This is a very light read. Realistic characters. Swoon. A fairly quick read and perfect for readers trying to get out of a slump (not that I was in a slump, just thinking out loud). I love the Holiday theme throughout the book. In all honesty (and I am being honest), this is totally my kind of book. Oliver. *swoons*



Weddings, Crushes,
and Other Dramas 
(Creative HeArts, #6; Willa and Finn, #2) 
by Emily McKay
YA, Romance, Contemporary

Falling in love with the best man wasn’t on the program.

Willa is happy to be the maid of honor in her dad’s upcoming wedding to uber-celeb Mia McCain. Not as happy about the best man being her soon-to-be stepbrother, the infuriating—and infuriatingly gorgeous—Finn McCain. Every time their paths cross, the attraction simmering between them grows a little harder to ignore. Willa knows all about guys like Finn—they only want what they can’t have. What’s between them isn’t real.

Finn has never felt anything more real than what’s developing between him and Willa. Sure, her dad warned him to steer clear, but it’s not just about forbidden temptation. He’s determined to prove to Willa he’s not going anywhere—and that happily-ever-after will always be worth the risk. 

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains a wedding so crazy it’ll make you laugh, a stepbrother so hot he’ll make you swoon, and a heroine so real she’ll make you cry.


Weddings, Crushes, and Other Dramas (Creative HeArts, #6; Willa and Finn, #2)Weddings, Crushes, and Other Dramas by Emily McKay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was in a reading slump when the first Will & Finn book came out, so I just couldn't get into it. This book gave me the push to go back and start that book over. And I loved it. Then, I read this book with the utmost eagerness. Creative HeArts is one of my favorite series and getting to revisit it with a new story is always so much fun.

I will be honest, I am a bit biased about characters named Finn. In the last book, he definitely started off as a total A-hole, but underneath it all, there was good in him. I definitely classify this book as a "stepbrother/stepsister" kind of romance, but in YA form. I love it so much! I don't like that my slump forced me to "not enjoy" the first book. I am so glad I able to read and enjoy it this time around.

There's Something About Nik
by Sara Hantz
YA, Romance, Contemporary

Nik Gustafsson has a secret: He’s not really Nik Gustafsson.

He’s not a spy. He’s not crazy.

He’s just the son and heir to one of the most important families in Europe—one where duty always comes first. And his posh, too-public life is suffocating him. So when he gets the chance to attend boarding school in America, pretending to be an average exchange student is too big of a temptation to pass up.

Then he literally runs into Amber on campus. And she hates him at first sight.

It’s kind of exhilarating to be hated for who he is, not for his family name or his wealth. Maybe if he turns up the charm and turns down the aloof mask he habitually wears, he can win her over. Even though a bad past experience has made her swear off dating this year.

But the more he gets to know her, the more uncomfortable he is keeping things from her.

Because Nik Gustafsson has a secret. And it’s a big one. 

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains a hot boy who's the strong and silent type, a studious girl who refuses to believe in fairy-tale romance, and one epic secret that could be disastrous if it comes to light.


There's Something About NikThere's Something About Nik by Sara Hantz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let the sweetness begin! I have have my heart set on reading this book since getting a small teaser a few months back. Amber and Nik are wonderful characters. I love how they both have mental battles about being more than friends with each other. Amber battling the fact that Nik is not like her ex. And Nik wondering if he would be able to have her in his royal life. We all have those little doubtful thoughts that enter our minds when something just feels so right.

Reading this book kind of reminded me of that movie The Prince and Me with Julia Stiles and Luke Mably. As cheesy as that movie was, who wouldn't want to fall in love with a prince? I love sweet books like this. I wonder what other plots Sara Hantz has up her sleeve.




No comments:

Post a Comment